Instagram has become the most familiar social media platform in the world. Operating in almost 170 countries, Instagram has more than 1 billion active users monthly. In 2010, Instagram was just a photo-sharing platform but now it rocks the world with varieties of engaging features.
Instagram is the fourth most used social media application because of its features and attractive user experience. The notable features are Instagram story, Instagram Reels, IGTV, and Instagram Direct messages with plenty of options to promote your account among wider audiences.
There are high chances that these features may go down or not work sometime because of technical issues, server-down, update issues, network issues, glitches, and bugs. Today we’re going to see one of its features known as the “Instagram Filter” and the reasons for not working on the Instagram filter feature.
Why Is The Instagram Filter Used?
The users on Instagram use the filter feature to share engaging photos, videos, stories, and Reels. There are a variety of Instagram filters available and it is used by millions of users. Instagram filters enhance the quality of your content. In recent times, Instagram adds new filters and effects in Reels to its users, as many content creators and influencers are on Instagram aiming to get more views. So with powerful filters, increase the Instagram reels views count from dedicative services for capturing audience impressions and reach more target audiences with your attractive content. You need to consider several factors to get more Instagram reels views like good content, quality video, engaging with audience, using filters and effects, target audience and consistency in posting.
Why Are Instagram Filters Not Working?
The Instagram filters are not working because of many reasons
- Lack of phone storage- This is one of the main reasons that stops Instagram and its features due to lack of phone memory so, you need to clear the unwanted files, apps, photos, and videos.
- Technical issue and server down- Sometimes Instagram may face technical issues and server downs, this will be rectified by the Instagram Technical Team within 24 hours.
- Clear Instagram cache- It is one of the primary reasons that Instagram filters are not working, the app cache will occupy your local storage and may stop some of the features on Instagram.
- Due to App Update- if you’re using the old version of Instagram you may face this problem. So you should update the application to the newer version.
Instagram Filters Not Working On Iphone And Android
- The first step you need to do is restart your iPhone or Android. Rebooting your device will solve all the small issues on the application.
- There are reasons that some filters or effects will not work in certain regions in the world. The particular filter is stopped or banned by Instagram.
These two are the main cause for “Instagram Filters not working” error on iPhone and Android.
Instagram Story Filters Not Working
You may face this problem, when you try to apply filters on a story but it will not work and shows “Instagram story filters not working”. The below mentioned are primary reasons that Instagram story filters are not working on your phone. So try to fix these problems to apply different filters for your story.
- Lack of phone storage
- Not clearing application cache
- Failed to update the application
- Technical issues and server down of the application
Why Are Face Filters Not Working?
To solve this error, you need to clear the cache regularly. Having more cache memory will result in ‘Instagram face filters not working’ error. So, you should clear the Instagram cache memory in order to get smooth running of the application.
Steps To Clear Instagram Cache
- Select the “settings” option on your device.
- In “settings,” find the “Apps” option.
- Select the “Instagram app.”
- You can see two options on the page, clear cache and clear data.
- Click the “clear cache” option.
It will clear all the temporary data stored in your device, and will help you solve problems like why face filters are not working.
Why Instagram Filters Are Not Working: Problems Solved
For every problem there will be a solution. Like that, we’ve several ways to fix the error of “Why Instagram filters are not working”.
Clear your phone storage – Some Instagram filters may not work due to lack of mobile storage. So you should free up the storage by deleting unwanted files, photos, videos, and applications to use Instagram filters without much hassle.
Clear Application Cache – You need to clear the application cache memory periodically because cache memory stores all the local data on Instagram. So it may affect user experience, and will not allow it to run some features (Instagram filters).
Need to update- Using an old version of Instagram may result in problems like Instagram filters are not working. Therefore, update the Instagram application regularly to solve the problem.
Force stop- Another way to fix this problem is by force stopping the Instagram application application.
- Go to “Settings” on the phone.
- Select the “Apps” option from the menu.
- Choose “Manage Apps”. Search for “Instagram”
- And finally click the “Force stop” option.
Restarting your mobile- Rebooting your device will solve the minor issues like bugs and glitches in the application, and may solve the errors like “Instagram filters not working”.
Uninstall and Reinstall the App- If the above solution fails to respond, the final solution is to Uninstall the Instagram app and Reinstall after a few minutes.
Why are Instagram filters not working? Many users ask this question on the Internet. Here I have mentioned several ways to solve this problem. If you face this error regularly, you can report this problem to Instagram through mail to the Instagram support team, and they’ll respond to you in 3 to 4 working days.